station

History

scholars-tea-ticket The church originated as a mission to the railway workers in the 1880s. It all began as a bible study in one of the waiting rooms on Carlisle station!

station

The Railway mission hall was built on East Tower street to accommodate 800 people and opened on February 5th 1910. railway mission Subsequently the old hall was demolished to make way for a new Debenhams store and the church moved to its present location in what is a converted Co-op shop. 

Rev-LinceRev. Lince with two of the members of the mission.

 

Want to ask a question?

Contact us at pastor@gracecarlisle.org.uk or send us a message online today

Get in touch

© 2017 Grace Church Carlisle

Website by Truthvine